Our Covid-19 Response
We’re taking the Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak very seriously. The health and well being of the families that we serve, the guests that enter our facility, and our staff remain our top priority.
Our business is still operating as usual, and we’re doing everything we can to keep our facility and equipment clean and sanitized. It is our intention to continue to serve the families in our community with dignity, attentiveness, and professionalism.
Poulson & Van Hise Funeral Directors is diligently following the procedures and guidelines set forth by the State of New Jersey, The State Board of Mortuary Science of New Jersey, and the New Jersey Department of Health. Those guidelines include:
1. Limiting the amount of guests in our facility to 25% of the building capacity (approximately 35 people at one time including staff).
2. Requiring proper social distancing throughout as guests file in and out.
3. Requiring that masks be worn by all family members, attendees, and staff members.
4. Supplying hand sanitizer to all guests as they enter and exit the building.
5. Encouraging hand-washing throughout the building.
6. Thoroughly disinfecting all surfaces with antibacterial/antiviral cleaners before and after
visitations and funerals.
7. Encouraging guests to take advantage of our website's tribute page for communicating with
8. Facilitating arrangement appointments remotely.
9. Utilizing video and audio services to supplement in-person visitation.
While these measures apply to our facilities, different guidelines may apply to an offsite venue, therefore the gathering size and guidance may differ.
We thank everyone for their understanding and we look forward to welcoming the public back to our facility.
As this is an ever-evolving situation, we will continue to monitor and follow the advice of state and federal health professionals.
We appreciate your patience and support in diligently helping to keep our community safe in this unprecedented time.